Water can run out. literally.
Water is a finite commodity that, if not managed properly, will result in shortages in the near future. Therefore we need to watch how we use it and most importantly conserve it.
Below are simple ways you can ensure you are not wasting water in your home:
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth.
- Only run the washing machine and dishwasher when you have a full load.
- Use a low flow shower head and faucet aerators.
- Fix leaks.
- Install a dual flush or low-flow toilet or put a conversion kit on your existing toilet.
- Don’t overwater your lawn or water during peak periods, and install rain sensors on irrigation systems.
- Install a rain barrel for outdoor watering.
- Plant a rain garden for catching stormwater runoff from your roof, driveway, and other hard surfaces.
- Monitor your water usage on your water bill
- Share your knowledge about saving water through conservation and efficiency with your neighbors.
- Shorten your showers.
- Capture rainwater and use it to water your garden
- If you wash dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running for rinsing
- Recycle Your Water Where You Can eg by using it to water plants.