Kalasha Film & TV Awards are here once again and the Kenya Film Commission (KFC) is calling for submissions for its 2021 edition. This will be the 11th edition of the award which seeks to recognize and award outstanding Kenyans in the film and TV industry.
A total of 30 categories are up for contest in this edition: 17 Film, 8 Television and 5 special award categories. Some of these categories include: Best Lead Actor, Best Editor, Best TV Documentary, Best Feature by a Student, Best Animation Production and Best TV Advertisement just to mention a few.
Participating is easy. Below are the contest’s rules:
- The submission must be made in a copy on DVD, accompanied with a completed entry form. Click here to download the entry form.
- Only productions developed from January 2020 to date are eligible for this edition. All TV entries must have been on air for at least seven episodes before October 2021.
- Duration of the films must be obeyed. Short Films and/or Documentaries – 40 minutes maximum. Feature films – minimum of 60 minutes and TV programs – 20 and 60 minutes long.
- Save for the ‘Best International Award’ category, all the films/ programs must have at least a Kenyan producer, Kenyan director and Kenyan cast or crew.
- Each submission must be accompanied with a Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB) classification certificate.
All submissions must be dropped at KFC offices in Jumuia Place 2 along Lenana Road, Nairobi before the 30th September 2021 deadline. For further queries, email email@example.com or call 0729 707497, 020-2714073/4.
Wishing you all the best.