Most people with genetically acne-prone skin are familiar with body acne. It is most predominant in areas around the chest, back, shoulders. Although body acne might not be visible as pimples around your face, it can be frustrating and painful. On top of that, it can be pretty stressful to put on your best summer outfits during hot weather.
The typical leading causes of body acne include;
- Sebum overproduction, especially in a person with oily skin.
- Clogged pores
- Overgrowth of acne-causing bacteria.
- Sweat due to not showering immediately after workouts.
- Tight clothing- fictional irritation and heat.
- Haircare products- shampoo or conditioners that are not rinsed off properly.
- Detergent with possible ingredients that irritate the skin.
Here are some skincare tips on how you can deal with body acne through a daily skincare routine: –
Find a cleanser with exfoliating or acne-fighting ingredients such as salicylic acid, AHA (glycolic acid, lactic acid), or benzoyl peroxide.
You can use exfoliating products you use on your facial skin weekly. Remember to be gentle with your skin. Some great options for exfoliators include; exfoliating pads- conveniently pre-soaked cotton with exfoliating essence- gentle physical scrubs, toner mist, and toner + cotton pads- don’t be shy to ask for help for the application.
Ensure you pick a moisturizer that is not too oily and with any of the following ingredients for extra benefits: retinol, benzoyl peroxide, and salicylic peroxide.